Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Well, I sure haven't blogged in a while! I have been so busy trying to get back into the routine of going to work, school, and being a wife! Talk about time consuming! Oh yeah.... add to that the fact that Brandon and I are re-decorating! I LOVE interior design, and I actually considered majoring in that before I chose accounting! [Wierd, I know :) ] I figured that I could blog about our renovations as we complete them, so you can experience it with us!!!

So, we started in the living room....... our living room/dining/kitchen had brown beadboard in it, well that's now gone! We ripped it down last Monday! Brandon and I like a more modern style, so we chose a gray color that looks very chic and clean. It's called Almost Charcoal by Valspar.



It actually looks like it has a little more blue in it on our walls, but I LOVE it! We are getting rid of ALL of the furniture that we used to have in the living room!! Here is the couch that I am dying to have...


It's made by IKEA and it is white leather. It also comes in dark brown leather. I love the white and think it looks so modern. Plus, it will be super easy to clean vs. fabric cushions!

We are also going to paint the kitchen the gray color. AND paint the cabinets... but we haven't decided if we want to paint them black or white. We have also talked about getting new countertops and putting up a tile backsplash.

Can't wait for you all to see pics of the decorating as it comes along! Wish me luck!!!

Here are some more inspiration pictures. Enjoy and tell me what you think!





Meredith

4 comments:

  1. Ohh this is FUN! I love re-modeling and re-decorating rooms! Yayyy! I'm liking the gray you have chosen for the walls, and from experience..choose BLACK for the cabinets. We have white and they are horrible to keep clean. Seriously. They look nice, and modern, and everything else. But they are a hassle to keep up with. I would loooove a tile backsplash as well. It's going to be a definite when we "eventually" build a house. With the colors you are going with you could really use any colored kitchen appliances in order to add a splash of color here & there, which will be neat! I need to come over and see the progress, maybe that'll give me motivation to finish ours too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love your style, honey! it reminds me of my own!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought you'd given up on blogging! Very excited to see you back, and strong! I enjoyed this blog! Love the color grey. That was actually was I planned to paint my craft room, until very last minute! Kristie & Michael had it in their spare bedroom in their last house. It was really beautiful! I think the couch you've chosen is really nice, and would look great with the grey!
    -Back Splash ... Ahhh, we are saving for it now. That and all new sinks & faucets! Re-modeling & decorating definitely takes time & $$$$. It's so worth it!
    Good Luck & I look forward to following your experience! Take before & After pictures! That's when you really appreciate the change! :D
    Have a great day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks everyone! Great advice on the cabinets, Caitlin! I will definitely have to post some before and after pictures :)

    ReplyDelete